Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Printing on a network

Hi everyone:

I need to be able to print a selection (worksheet) to a network printer.
However I am not goiing to be able to identify the printer within the code.
Is there away of printing the selected area wherby the user then selects the
required network printer in their office.

Regards
Lee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this line of code...

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetup).Show
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"leerem" wrote:

Hi everyone:

I need to be able to print a selection (worksheet) to a network printer.
However I am not goiing to be able to identify the printer within the code.
Is there away of printing the selected area wherby the user then selects the
required network printer in their office.

Regards
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depends on what you want to do. Did you want the user to be presented with
the option any time they choose to print this sheet or did you want to run a
macro that includes printing the sheet as part of the routine. Do you have
any existing code that you are working with???

Option 1 - Any time they print. We will catch the event wheby the user is
trying to print this sheet and we will allow them to select the printer.

Option 2 - The user invokes a macro with a command button or such and as
part of that routine we define the printer and print the page.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"leerem" wrote:

Hi everyone:

I need to be able to print a selection (worksheet) to a network printer.
However I am not goiing to be able to identify the printer within the code.
Is there away of printing the selected area wherby the user then selects the
required network printer in their office.

Regards
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim,

The basic code I'm using is somthing like as follows;

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$U$49"
Application.ActivePrinter = "Admin Colour on Ne05:"
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, ActivePrinter:= _
"Admin Colour on Ne05:", Collate:=True
Windows("Kpiblank-Nights.xls").Activate

Wherby "Admin Color on Ne05:" would be the network printer

If possble it would be preferable to use your Option 2

Regards

"leerem" wrote:

Hi everyone:

I need to be able to print a selection (worksheet) to a network printer.
However I am not goiing to be able to identify the printer within the code.
Is there away of printing the selected area wherby the user then selects the
required network printer in their office.

Regards
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this...

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$U$49"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetup).Show
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

"leerem" wrote:

Hi everyone:

I need to be able to print a selection (worksheet) to a network printer.
However I am not goiing to be able to identify the printer within the code.
Is there away of printing the selected area wherby the user then selects the
required network printer in their office.

Regards
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Many thanks Jim,