Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting 1st cell with a $

I have an invoice template and with a price and extended price column. Due
to the nature of the information the first price and extended price are not
always on the same line on the invoice. How can I get the first and only the
first figures to have the $ sign.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Qty Price Total
1 $5.00 $5.00
2 5.00 10.00
3 5.00 15.00

I only want the first Price and Total amount with a $ sign. I want this to
happen regardless of which cell I enter the first price and total into.
Sometimes this will be on line 1 - sometimes 2 - etc. I wanted to automate
this feature so I can lock the form. So regardless of which line has the
first amount - be it line 1 or line 15 the amounts will have the $. All
numbers after that will be without the $

"TaylorLeigh" wrote:

I have an invoice template and with a price and extended price column. Due
to the nature of the information the first price and extended price are not
always on the same line on the invoice. How can I get the first and only the
first figures to have the $ sign.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2007 use Conditional Formatting. Rule is

=ISNUMBER(B1)=FALSE

Format is Accounting.

copy to all the cells below.

"TaylorLeigh" wrote:

I have an invoice template and with a price and extended price column. Due
to the nature of the information the first price and extended price are not
always on the same line on the invoice. How can I get the first and only the
first figures to have the $ sign.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If you are replying to me, you're welcome. As to your other question, I
am reading this from the host microsoft news server with a news reader.
So I haven't the faintest idea as to what question you mean.

"TaylorLeigh" wrote:

I have an invoice template and with a price and extended price column. Due
to the nature of the information the first price and extended price are not
always on the same line on the invoice. How can I get the first and only the
first figures to have the $ sign.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I did this on a blank excel sheet and the information as I gave it to you
worked. When I did the same thing to my spreadsheet, it did not. The first
line of possible entry is line 22. I put the formula there and when I
copied, I just get the identical thing I have in the cell on line 22.

"TaylorLeigh" wrote:

I have an invoice template and with a price and extended price column. Due
to the nature of the information the first price and extended price are not
always on the same line on the invoice. How can I get the first and only the
first figures to have the $ sign.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, but your explanation is unclear as to what you actually see. But,
if I have to take a guess as to what happened, you have already
formatted all the cells to Accounting instead of leaving them set as
"General"