Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Color format on worksheets

When an Excel spreadsheet is opened on the screen, none of the color or line
formats are showing up. When you select print preview to print however, all
of the formatting is on the worksheet.

Bottom line...no colors are showing nor can any be added. For example, if I
open a workbook that was created on another computer, not one color is
showing except on printed copies.

How can I restore the ability to format the colors on the worksheet???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check this out................

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape object in an Office document does not change

As directed, change the High Contrast setting in Windows OS

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:01:02 -0700, City of Mobile <City of
wrote:

When an Excel spreadsheet is opened on the screen, none of the color or line
formats are showing up. When you select print preview to print however, all
of the formatting is on the worksheet.

Bottom line...no colors are showing nor can any be added. For example, if I
open a workbook that was created on another computer, not one color is
showing except on printed copies.

How can I restore the ability to format the colors on the worksheet???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord, I have excel 2007 and I am having the same problem. I had this problem
with excell2003 so I purchased 2007 and having the same problem. 833258
doesn't say it applies to 2007. This doesn't seem to work on my computer
Gateway E-2000 Windows EP. Are there any other possible fixes?
--
Ted

wrote:

When an Excel spreadsheet is opened on the screen, none of the color or line
formats are showing up. When you select print preview to print however, all
of the formatting is on the worksheet.

Bottom line...no colors are showing nor can any be added. For example, if I
open a workbook that was created on another computer, not one color is
showing except on printed copies.

How can I restore the ability to format the colors on the worksheet???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

None that I know of.

Gord