Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macros is several worksheets

Hi all -

When I copy a worksheet, I need to be able to use the same macros for the
new sheet. The problem I am having is that when I go to the newly copied
sheet, and run the macro, it goes back to the previous sheet. Is there a way
to have the macro reference the new sheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is this worksheet one that other people use and need to use the macros as well?

If not, then I would suggest saving the macros on your personal macro file,
which means they would be accessable only on that computer.

"Lisa" wrote:

Hi all -

When I copy a worksheet, I need to be able to use the same macros for the
new sheet. The problem I am having is that when I go to the newly copied
sheet, and run the macro, it goes back to the previous sheet. Is there a way
to have the macro reference the new sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd create a single addin that did the work. Then I'd either place that addin
in a common location (on a network drive that everyone can read) and let the
users install the addin.

If that's not possible (remote users--or users who are not always connected to
the network), then I'd distribute an addin with the instructions that it has to
be saved in the same folder on everyone's pc.

C:\WorkAddins\LisasUtils.xla

By using the same location, it'll make life much easier if workbooks are shared
between co-workers.

But by creating an addin, I'd have to give the users a way to execute those
macros.

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:
or
http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php...g_custom_menus

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

And if you use xl2007:

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

In xl2007, those toolbars and menu modifications will show up under the addins.

--

Dave Peterson