Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy and Paste from one sheet to another

Hello,

I have a workbook that has a worksheet with say 200 rows of information.
Skipping two rows down are some rows with formulas for totals and what not.
On another worksheet(same workbook) I have say 300 rows of information. When
I copy the the 300 and go to the sheet that has 200 I higlight the 200 rows
and paste which works fine. However, I thought the additional 100 rows would
push down the rows with the formulas and instead are pasting over them even
though I didn't have those rows highlighted. Am I doing this wrong or is this
how Excel performs this task??

Any help would be most appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your copy will overlay any existing text when pasted back to a worksheet.
What you could do is cut your formula row and paste it to a location further
down the original worksheet and then copy/paste the data from the second
worksheet in the first blank row in the target sheet.

When done, cut the formulas and move them back up to the next blank row
beneath your data.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Stockwell43" wrote:

Hello,

I have a workbook that has a worksheet with say 200 rows of information.
Skipping two rows down are some rows with formulas for totals and what not.
On another worksheet(same workbook) I have say 300 rows of information. When
I copy the the 300 and go to the sheet that has 200 I higlight the 200 rows
and paste which works fine. However, I thought the additional 100 rows would
push down the rows with the formulas and instead are pasting over them even
though I didn't have those rows highlighted. Am I doing this wrong or is this
how Excel performs this task??

Any help would be most appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you want to totally replace the 200 rows with the 300 rows or add the 300
to them so you end up with 500 rows?

Instead of pasting, you would need to insert the 300 rows. Copy the rows
from the second worksheet, click on the first row of the 200, right click and
select "Insert Copied Cells". This will move all of the rows down and the
300 rows will be on top of the 200. You will need to reset the formulas
because they will still be using the original 200 rows.

If you wanted to delete the original 200, then after inserting the 300, just
select and delete the 200 rows

"Stockwell43" wrote:

Hello,

I have a workbook that has a worksheet with say 200 rows of information.
Skipping two rows down are some rows with formulas for totals and what not.
On another worksheet(same workbook) I have say 300 rows of information. When
I copy the the 300 and go to the sheet that has 200 I higlight the 200 rows
and paste which works fine. However, I thought the additional 100 rows would
push down the rows with the formulas and instead are pasting over them even
though I didn't have those rows highlighted. Am I doing this wrong or is this
how Excel performs this task??

Any help would be most appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Guys,

Thank you both for replying to my question. This is exactly what I needed to
know. I appreciate your time and have a great day!