Fernando Gomez

Default Excel 2003 Customized Menu Bar

I just got Office 2003 upgrade over 97, unfortunately all my personalized
Menu bar and Buttons did not come up. in 97 we used Excel8.xlb, does
somebody knows what is the file in 2003 that holds the same menus.

Thanks in advance for your help

Fernando

Gord Dibben

It will be Excel11.xlb

BTW.......Excel 97 did not have an Excel8.xlb

It had a username8.xlb where username was "Fernando" or "Gomez" or whatever.

If you still have access to username8.xlb you could copy it over and rename to
Excel11.xlb

You will lose some functionality of the the Office 2003 menus, but most of
these can be dragged up using ToolsCustomizeCommands.

Would be best to create the customization "on the fly".

See John Walkenbach's MENUMAKR.XLS from his site.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP