Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Paste records that overflow to new column on same page

I am trying to do something that I thought should be easy. I have a database
with records: name and page number. I am creating a phone book like
directory in alphabetical order. I want to format my records where they fit
on one page in alphabetical order in 4 columns before they overflow to the
Word without having to go in by hand and cut/paste to arrange them? My
records are now in Access, but I could use any of those programs. Hope this
makes sense!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

like mailing labels?

http://databases.about.com/od/tutori...linglabels.htm

shouldn't be too hard in access
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes like that. I think from what I have seen what I want is a horizontal
layout. I am going to try both of your suggestions. Thank you!

"~slacker~" wrote:

like mailing labels?

http://databases.about.com/od/tutori...linglabels.htm

shouldn't be too hard in access

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The labeling thing is similar to what I want. My question after looking at
the form in design view is what did they do that made the data move to the
next column at the bottom of the page instead of going to the next page? I
didn't see what went on behind the scenes to do that. I have 2 columns of
data; name in one and page # in another. I want all of the a's to display
eg:

name page name page name page name page
going down each column in alphabetical order.

Thanks for your help!

"~slacker~" wrote:

like mailing labels?

http://databases.about.com/od/tutori...linglabels.htm

shouldn't be too hard in access

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The columns are actually set from the page setup menu
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm glad your replied. I was trying to do it in Word but it wasn't
formatting as nicely as I would like. So I am looking at the Page Setup
under Columns and I am doing 4 columns down and then across but mine aren't
going to the next column so I am still missing a setting somewhere...