Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

Default Paste records that overflow to new column on same page

you can open it in Word, then do Format/Columns/ set to 4 and viola...

"Melissa" wrote:

I am trying to do something that I thought should be easy. I have a database
with records: name and page number. I am creating a phone book like
directory in alphabetical order. I want to format my records where they fit
on one page in alphabetical order in 4 columns before they overflow to the
Word without having to go in by hand and cut/paste to arrange them? My
records are now in Access, but I could use any of those programs. Hope this
makes sense!