Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Administrator rights

how do i get rights to "run as administrator" on this or all my microsoft
application, and secondly, there is a missing option in the compatability tab
when i right click on properties.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

More info please: What version of Windows, XP, Vista, Win2K? It this a
corporate PC or a personal PC? Also if you don't have administrative rights
to the computer then you can't grant yourself administrative rights to any
software.

--
Rui

"whatzzup" wrote in message
how do i get rights to "run as administrator" on this or all my microsoft
application, and secondly, there is a missing option in the compatability
tab
when i right click on properties.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ruic thanks, I am running a personal Laptop with Vista home edition, the
problem is i am using a Excel Macro called SDK or software development kit to
get data from Primavera P6 (sql database) but i was told that i need to run
the macro file as "run as administrator", but when i right click on the excel
icon i dont get that option. How then can i get this to work?

"whatzzup" wrote in message
how do i get rights to "run as administrator" on this or all my microsoft
application, and secondly, there is a missing option in the compatability
tab
when i right click on properties.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open a command prompt, I don't have Vista so I don't know how you would get
that done but in XP you would click Start then Run and type cmd then Hit OK
button.

Then in the command prompt type: runas /user:administrator "your program
goes here along with any command line switches"
then hit the enter key on the keyboard and it will ask you for the
administrators password. That should be it.

--
Rui