bocathunder

Default I do not have access to a folder and I am the administrator how d.

Attempting to save a Word or Excell file onto a CD in my CD drive I get the
message: 1st "incorrect Function"; 2nd "You do not have access to the folder
'D:\", see your administrator for access to this file". I am the only one on
this computer and I am the administrator. A solotion?
Myrna Larson

Don't try to save to the CD from within Excel. Save to your hard drive, then
copy to the CD.

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 05:57:03 -0800, "bocathunder"
wrote:

Attempting to save a Word or Excell file onto a CD in my CD drive I get the
message: 1st "incorrect Function"; 2nd "You do not have access to the folder
'D:\", see your administrator for access to this file". I am the only one on
this computer and I am the administrator. A solotion?

Myrna Larson

You need to copy to the CD from Windows Explorer, not from Excel. And
obviously you need to (a) if it's a CD/RW disk, have the appropriate
packet-writing software loaded that makes the CD drive look like a regular
drive, or (b) if it's a CD/R disk, use your CD burning software to create a
data disk.

"bocathunder" wrote:

Attempting to save a Word or Excell file onto a CD in my CD drive I get

the
message: 1st "incorrect Function"; 2nd "You do not have access to the

folder
'D:\", see your administrator for access to this file". I am the only one

on
this computer and I am the administrator. A solotion?

Howard

Thanks, I tried but sho knows where I was trying the save. I was able to
accomplish a successful save to the CD with the Record Now Wizzard or
somesuch I discoved in my programs.