Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
IL IL is offline

Default convert number into text & Only

I want to use Excel to print cheque, I want to know if I can convert the
number into text amount,

e.g. 1081.80 convert into One Thousand Eighty One Dollars and
Eighty Cents Only.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Third time today some asks about this

You can download add-ins that will do that

Morefunc

and ASAP-Utilities both can do this

both are free, Google them

Otherwise see

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360

Peo Sjoblom

"IL" wrote in message
I want to use Excel to print cheque, I want to know if I can convert the
number into text amount,

e.g. 1081.80 convert into One Thousand Eighty One Dollars and
Eighty Cents Only.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
IL IL is offline

But it only converted 1081.80 convert into One Thousand Eighty One Dollars and
Eighty Cents without "Only" at the end.

The important thing is that the word 'Only" has to be added at the end after
conversion.

"IL" wrote:

I want to use Excel to print cheque, I want to know if I can convert the
number into text amount,

e.g. 1081.80 convert into One Thousand Eighty One Dollars and
Eighty Cents Only.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

change the part of the code

Select Case Cents
Case ""
Cents = " only"
Case "One"
Cents = " and One Cent" & " only"
Case Else
Cents = " and " & Cents & " Cents" & " only"
End Select

"IL" wrote:
I want to use Excel to print cheque, I want to know if I can convert the
number into text amount,

e.g. 1081.80 convert into One Thousand Eighty One Dollars and
* * * *Eighty Cents Only.

Thanks.- Hide quoted text -