Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert text number to number formate

Dear all

please help me I have big xls file in a large amount of data which is
entered in text format but i want it in number then i could calculate.

column

3
2
1
2
1

= sum() but result is 0 I have applied the mathed from discussion and
past specail

Thanks in Regards

Anwar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy a blank cell, select your text numbers that you want to turn to
numbers, then Edit/ Paste Special/ Add.
--
David Biddulph

wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear all

please help me I have big xls file in a large amount of data which is
entered in text format but i want it in number then i could calculate.

column

3
2
1
2
1

= sum() but result is 0 I have applied the mathed from discussion and
past specail

Thanks in Regards

Anwar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote in message

oups.com...

Dear all

please help me I have big xls file in a large amount of data which is
entered in text format but i want it in number then i could calculate.

column

3
2
1
2
1

= sum() but result is 0 I have applied the mathed from discussion and
past specail

Thanks in Regards

Anwar.- Hide quoted text -

Please give your email address i will send you xls file.