Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GL GL is offline

Default Hidden Characters?

I have downloaded a file in Excel format and it appears that there are 2
extra spaces at the end of each cell. However, when I tried to replace the
spaces using a macro, it only removed one of them. I have tried using the
TRIM function, but that isn't working. And when I use the CONCATENATE
function, it puts them together as if there weren't a space.

Could there be a hidden character? How do I "fix" this.

Any ideas, this is driving me bonkers.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is quite likely that there are special control characters in the cell.
You can use my CellView add-in to determine exactly what is in a cell. See
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/CellView.aspx for details and free download.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson