Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Difference between three numbers in percentage

How do i calculate the difference between three amounts in percentage.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Difference between three numbers in percentage

Calculating the difference between three numbers in percentage is a straightforward process. Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. Determine the largest and smallest numbers among the three amounts.
  2. Subtract the smallest number from the largest number to find the difference.
  3. Divide the difference by the smallest number.
  4. Multiply the result by 100 to get the percentage difference.

For example, let's say we have three numbers: 10, 20, and 30.

1. The largest number is 30 and the smallest number is 10.

2. The difference between 30 and 10 is 20.

3. Divide 20 by 10 to get 2.

4. Multiply 2 by 100 to get the percentage difference, which is 200%.

Therefore, the percentage difference between 10, 20, and 30 is 200%. This means that the largest number (30) is 200% greater than the smallest number (10).
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think there is a definition for "the difference between three amounts".
Please explain what you require

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Jessica" wrote in message ...
| How do i calculate the difference between three amounts in percentage.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have in the Year 1 $212,360 Year 2 $398,950 Year 3 $420,950, i would like
to know the difference between those three amounts, but the answer to be in
percentage.

"Jessica" wrote in message ...
| How do i calculate the difference between three amounts in percentage.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Divide Year 2 by Year 1, subtract 1 and multiply by 100 to get the
percentage increase from year 1 to year 2

"Jessica" wrote in message ...
| How do i calculate the difference between three amounts in percentage.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Or don't multiply by 100 but format as Percentage

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Bob I" wrote in message ...
| Divide Year 2 by Year 1, subtract 1 and multiply by 100 to get the
| percentage increase from year 1 to year 2
|
| Jessica wrote:
|
| I have in the Year 1 $212,360 Year 2 $398,950 Year 3 $420,950, i would like
| to know the difference between those three amounts, but the answer to be in
| percentage.
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|

| I don't think there is a definition for "the difference between three amounts".
| Please explain what you require
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|

| "Jessica" wrote in message ...
| | How do i calculate the difference between three amounts in percentage.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Jessica" wrote in message
| How do i calculate the difference between three amounts in percentage.

and then, of course, repeat the process for years 2 and 3.

Bill
Junior Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
How do i calculate the difference between three amounts in percentage.
Hello, this is probably very late, but i thought it would save other people some time.

ammount1 = 325;
ammount2 = 400;
ammount3 = 550;
totalamt = 1275

now to calculate the perc weight of each ammount:
selectedamt/totalamt*100 = perc weight

eg:
325/1275*100=25.49019607843137
400/1275*100=31.37254901960784