Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MW MW is offline

Default Excluding Text combined with numerical value in EXCEL 2003

I have a column of numbers of which some have an * in front. When doing
AutoSum it excludes these values which I want to keep. How do I create a
formula to recognize the values but exclude the text. Thanks
MW
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the next column:

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,"*","")+0 and copy down