Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Add new order

Hi,

I'm on a massive learning curve at the minute!! Lots of people want lots of
Excel sheets making and because I understand slightly more than basics they
are ocming my way.

Here's my problem, I want to record orders that come in. I've set it all up
so that if an order has not been passed on within a set amount of time from
the day recieved it is highlighted as overdue. There is an Auto Filter to
allow people to search. My problem is adding new orders. This is likely to
only be done by one person. I dont want to copy the three formulas in the
sheet down a couple of thousand rows as that makes it unnecessarily large and
also finite.

I was thinking of adding a dummy row at the top of the sheet, like a form if
you will with a box for each column that will be added. I would then have a
button with a macro attached that copied and pasted this information
(inlcuding the formulas) to the next empty row. I am happy with making the
macro to copy and paste but I dont know how to tell it to paste to the next
empty row.

Is this possible/is there any easier way?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try DataFormNew option
When pressing Enter on the last field Excel places new data in the next
available empty row.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Pyrite€¯ ezt Ć*rta: