Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Opening xls files in Excel 2007

I have a user who when she stries to open a file created in Excel 2003 the
sheet will open but is read only and will not allow her to edit it at all.
(the sheet is not protected and multiple others can open it with no problem).

If I resave the file as an xlsx file when she tries to open it she gets the
message that the file is protected and it can not be opened.

Is there some sort of setting we are missing. As I have said this same file
opens fine on multiple other machines.