Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Default Opening Lotus 123 Files in Excel 2007

Does anyone know how it is possible to open Lotus WK4 files in Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you look at the archives of this group you'll find that the question has
been answered a number of times previously.
You can't.
Open it in something that will open it, and save as an Excel file.
--
David Biddulph

"Rob" wrote in message
Does anyone know how it is possible to open Lotus WK4 files in Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Thanks David. I posted the query before I realised how much info was already
available. I've downloaded the OpenOffice Suite which I understand will
provide the stepping stone. Thanks again.

"Rob" wrote in message
Does anyone know how it is possible to open Lotus WK4 files in Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

David,
Further to last post, I downloaded and installed OpenOffice but found that
the only Lotus 123 formats that it translates are *.wk1, *.wks and *.123. So
it will not translate *.wk3 or *.wk4. I don't know if there ever was a *.wk2
format.
In the end I had to use my wife's Excel2003 and change the registry to allow
the opening of my Lotus files and then to save them as .xls files.
Seems that the DataViz product would do it but that's $50 a pop.
So it goes...