Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default A conditional lookup question.

Hey everyone, I think this is an easy question, but I can't figure it out...

Here goes nothing:

There are two tabs.

The first tab is a master list with eight columns.
The seventh column, "G", will have values of "Y" or "N"

The second tab would only return the rows from the first tab that have a "Y"
for the value in column "G".

Any ideas? I'm stumped...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Art Art is offline

Try this:

=IF(Sheet1!G1="y",Sheet1!G12,"")

Let me know if this helps.

"Adam" wrote:

Hey everyone, I think this is an easy question, but I can't figure it out...

Here goes nothing:

There are two tabs.

The first tab is a master list with eight columns.
The seventh column, "G", will have values of "Y" or "N"

The second tab would only return the rows from the first tab that have a "Y"
for the value in column "G".

Any ideas? I'm stumped...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey Art, I'm kind of confused. Is this a value that I would put in one cell
or in multiple?

I'm a newbie at excel. Thanks!

PS: The name of the first sheet is "Master List".

"art" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(Sheet1!G1="y",Sheet1!G12,"")

Let me know if this helps.

"Adam" wrote:

Hey everyone, I think this is an easy question, but I can't figure it out...

Here goes nothing:

There are two tabs.

The first tab is a master list with eight columns.
The seventh column, "G", will have values of "Y" or "N"

The second tab would only return the rows from the first tab that have a "Y"
for the value in column "G".

Any ideas? I'm stumped...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Art Art is offline

You do this to the whole amount that has values of y or n. For example:

If you have in the master list in column G Y's and N's down until row # 50.
Them you put this formula in cell G1 in the second tab and then drag down
untill row 50. (dragging is done, when you point the mouse over the right
bottom corner of the cell untill you see a small plus sign).

=IF('Master List'!A1="Y",'Master List'!A1,"")

Let me know if you understand and it works.

Good luck.

"Adam" wrote:

Hey Art, I'm kind of confused. Is this a value that I would put in one cell
or in multiple?

I'm a newbie at excel. Thanks!

PS: The name of the first sheet is "Master List".

"art" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(Sheet1!G1="y",Sheet1!G12,"")

Let me know if this helps.

"Adam" wrote:

Hey everyone, I think this is an easy question, but I can't figure it out...

Here goes nothing:

There are two tabs.

The first tab is a master list with eight columns.
The seventh column, "G", will have values of "Y" or "N"

The second tab would only return the rows from the first tab that have a "Y"
for the value in column "G".

Any ideas? I'm stumped...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Art,

Got it! Thanks! I dragged down and also to the right adjusting to the
proper cell.

A1 formula is: =IF('Master List'!$G$4="Y",'Master List'!A4,"")

When I drag down it works perfectly, however, there are blank rows where the
non "Y" rows are.

Is there a way to automatically condense the results?

"Adam" wrote:

Hey Art, I'm kind of confused. Is this a value that I would put in one cell
or in multiple?

I'm a newbie at excel. Thanks!

PS: The name of the first sheet is "Master List".

"art" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(Sheet1!G1="y",Sheet1!G12,"")

Let me know if this helps.

"Adam" wrote:

Hey everyone, I think this is an easy question, but I can't figure it out...

Here goes nothing:

There are two tabs.

The first tab is a master list with eight columns.
The seventh column, "G", will have values of "Y" or "N"

The second tab would only return the rows from the first tab that have a "Y"
for the value in column "G".

Any ideas? I'm stumped...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Art Art is offline

You can sort the column by using the filter and diselecting the blank cells.

"Adam" wrote:

Hey Art, I'm kind of confused. Is this a value that I would put in one cell
or in multiple?

I'm a newbie at excel. Thanks!

PS: The name of the first sheet is "Master List".

"art" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(Sheet1!G1="y",Sheet1!G12,"")

Let me know if this helps.