Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula for interest

I want to take (a) times (b) divide by (c) and multiply by (d)

I did =SUM(A2*A3/A1*A4) and I get a #VALUE in my cell. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you so much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depending on what you are trying to achieve there is probably an easier way
but to answer you exact question you could use:

=(((A1*B1)/C1)*D1)

"justme" wrote:

I want to take (a) times (b) divide by (c) and multiply by (d)

I did =SUM(A2*A3/A1*A4) and I get a #VALUE in my cell. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

While you are correct that the SUM is obsolete the value error derives from
one or all
the values being text

Peo Sjoblom

"justme" wrote:

I want to take (a) times (b) divide by (c) and multiply by (d)

I did =SUM(A2*A3/A1*A4) and I get a #VALUE in my cell. What am I doing
wrong?

Thank you so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pyrite - I tried this but I still get the error. I am trying to figure say
the interest on $10,000 for 30 days in the month.

$10,000 x 5% divide by 365 days in a year X 30 = ?

I appreciate your help!

justme

"justme" wrote:

I want to take (a) times (b) divide by (c) and multiply by (d)

I did =SUM(A2*A3/A1*A4) and I get a #VALUE in my cell. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=10000*.05/365*30

=A1*B1/C1*D1

The parentheses are ONLY for the users interpretation and are not needed.

"justme" wrote:

I want to take (a) times (b) divide by (c) and multiply by (d)

I did =SUM(A2*A3/A1*A4) and I get a #VALUE in my cell. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob I, thank you for your response, however...

I need to be able to change the interest rate which will be in the
appropriate cell and I need to change the days in a month which again will be
in the appropriate cell, so could I...

=10,000*A2/365*B2

Thank you