Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
justme justme is offline

Default Formula for interest

Bob I, thank you for your response, however...

I need to be able to change the interest rate which will be in the
appropriate cell and I need to change the days in a month which again will be
in the appropriate cell, so could I...

=10,000*A2/365*B2

Thank you

"Bob I" wrote:

=10000*.05/365*30

=A1*B1/C1*D1

The parentheses are ONLY for the users interpretation and are not needed.

justme wrote:
Pyrite - I tried this but I still get the error. I am trying to figure say
the interest on $10,000 for 30 days in the month.

$10,000 x 5% divide by 365 days in a year X 30 = ?

I appreciate your help!

justme

"Pyrite" wrote:

Depending on what you are trying to achieve there is probably an easier way
but to answer you exact question you could use:

=(((A1*B1)/C1)*D1)

"justme" wrote:

I want to take (a) times (b) divide by (c) and multiply by (d)

I did =SUM(A2*A3/A1*A4) and I get a #VALUE in my cell. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you so much.