Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cut some of the data in a cell and move to the neext cell

I have data in a cell that contains Lat and Long data that is combined in one
cell with a comma between them. I need to seperate the data into two cells.
Example: -84.000001 39.000002. This needs to be 84.000001 in one cell and
39.000002 in another cell. I tried making a macro but with no luck.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use datatext to column, select space as delimiter, make sure the next
column to the right is empty.
Record a macro while doing this

Peo Sjoblom

"bischofg" wrote in message
I have data in a cell that contains Lat and Long data that is combined in
one
cell with a comma between them. I need to seperate the data into two
cells.
Example: -84.000001 39.000002. This needs to be 84.000001 in one cell and
39.000002 in another cell. I tried making a macro but with no luck.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Think you mean "comma" not space.

Peo Sjoblom wrote:

Use datatext to column, select space as delimiter, make sure the next
column to the right is empty.
Record a macro while doing this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

-84.000001 39.000002

You are right, I didn't even read that part, I just saw the above which is
space delimited but the OP obviously said comma, my bad.

Peo Sjoblom