Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula to find highest value of a vlookup reference

Hi My name is Gautam. I discoverd so many question in archieve but did not
get my answer. My query is, I want to vlookup only the MAX VALUE OF vlookup.
i.e. if I vlookup AX the result should be 2
A B

AX 1
AX 2
AY 1
AY 2
AY 3
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this
=MAX(IF($A$1:$A$5="AY",$B$1:$B$5))

This is an array so must be cimmited with CTRL+Shift+Enter NOT just enter
If you dom it correctly Excel wil put curly braces {} around the formula.
You can't type these yourself.

Mike