Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula result not displaying correctly

I have a simple formula to compare a result to an upper or lower limit and
display either one of those limits or the actual figure if it falls between
the limits. The cell always displays zero, but when I check the formula by
clicking the function symbol on the formula bar, it shows the correct result.
Why is the cell showing zero when the formula is calculating the correct
result? The cell has no conditional formatting, and is formatted as
accounting. (Excel XP 2002)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 19:41:12 -0700, Ken G.
wrote:

I have a simple formula to compare a result to an upper or lower limit and
display either one of those limits or the actual figure if it falls between
the limits. The cell always displays zero, but when I check the formula by
clicking the function symbol on the formula bar, it shows the correct result.
Why is the cell showing zero when the formula is calculating the correct
result? The cell has no conditional formatting, and is formatted as
accounting. (Excel XP 2002)

Most likely it has to do with the precise formula you are using, and/or the
nature of its precedents.
--ron