Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merging Excel Worksheets

Hi,

I have a spreadhsheet for training compliance that will be filled out by 4
different managers and they will be logging the compliance for their
respctive employees. I want to create something that will allow us to quckly
merge each of these spreadsheets into one. What is the easiest, quiest way
to handle this situation so that if their manager would like to do this, they
will have the capability without alot of extra work and direction. Each
spreasdsheet will be set up with the same headers.

Thank you,

Jeanmarie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi jeanmarie711

Workbooks or worksheets ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jeanmarie711" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have a spreadhsheet for training compliance that will be filled out by 4
different managers and they will be logging the compliance for their
respctive employees. I want to create something that will allow us to quckly
merge each of these spreadsheets into one. What is the easiest, quiest way
to handle this situation so that if their manager would like to do this, they
will have the capability without alot of extra work and direction. Each
spreasdsheet will be set up with the same headers.

Thank you,

Jeanmarie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi ROn,

Each of them will be filling out their own worksheet.

THank you,

Jeanmarie

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi jeanmarie711

Workbooks or worksheets ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jeanmarie711" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have a spreadhsheet for training compliance that will be filled out by 4
different managers and they will be logging the compliance for their
respctive employees. I want to create something that will allow us to quckly
merge each of these spreadsheets into one. What is the easiest, quiest way
to handle this situation so that if their manager would like to do this, they
will have the capability without alot of extra work and direction. Each
spreasdsheet will be set up with the same headers.

Thank you,

Jeanmarie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi jeanmarie711

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

Or on MSDN
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc793964.aspx

Download the example workbook to test

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jeanmarie711" wrote in message ...
Hi ROn,

Each of them will be filling out their own worksheet.

THank you,

Jeanmarie

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi jeanmarie711

Workbooks or worksheets ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jeanmarie711" wrote in message

I have a spreadhsheet for training compliance that will be filled out by 4
different managers and they will be logging the compliance for their
respctive employees. I want to create something that will allow us to quckly
merge each of these spreadsheets into one. What is the easiest, quiest way
to handle this situation so that if their manager would like to do this, they
will have the capability without alot of extra work and direction. Each
spreasdsheet will be set up with the same headers.

Thank you,

Jeanmarie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ron,

Thank you for you answer. However, I do have one more question. I saw the
post above mine you responded to titled "Gather data from multiple excel
files into one master." It sounds from reading that post, that we are both
asking the same question, but there are different answers. Possibly, I am
confusing workbook/worksheets? I am assuming they are filling out a
worksheet, since there is only one spreadsheet being filled out? Can you
explain further?

Thank you,

Jeanmarie

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi jeanmarie711

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

Or on MSDN
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc793964.aspx

Download the example workbook to test

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jeanmarie711" wrote in message ...
Hi ROn,

Each of them will be filling out their own worksheet.

THank you,

Jeanmarie

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi jeanmarie711

Workbooks or worksheets ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jeanmarie711" wrote in message

I have a spreadhsheet for training compliance that will be filled out by 4
different managers and they will be logging the compliance for their
respctive employees. I want to create something that will allow us to quckly
merge each of these spreadsheets into one. What is the easiest, quiest way
to handle this situation so that if their manager would like to do this, they
will have the capability without alot of extra work and direction. Each
spreasdsheet will be set up with the same headers.

Thank you,

Jeanmarie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A Excel workbook can have one or more worksheets.

If you say worksheets then my answer to you is correct if you have four different workbooks
see my reply in the other thread

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi jeanmarie711

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

Or on MSDN
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc793964.aspx

Download the example workbook to test

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jeanmarie711" wrote in message
Hi ROn,

Each of them will be filling out their own worksheet.

THank you,

Jeanmarie

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi jeanmarie711

Workbooks or worksheets ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jeanmarie711" wrote in message

I have a spreadhsheet for training compliance that will be filled out by 4
different managers and they will be logging the compliance for their
respctive employees. I want to create something that will allow us to quckly
merge each of these spreadsheets into one. What is the easiest, quiest way
to handle this situation so that if their manager would like to do this, they
will have the capability without alot of extra work and direction. Each
spreasdsheet will be set up with the same headers.

Thank you,

Jeanmarie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ron,

THank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I actually just sat
with the person that is requesting help and realized that I misrepresented
what they were asking for.

We actaully want to take seperate spreadsheets {worksheets} and merge into
seperate tabs into one master workbook. I would like each tab to be labeled
by the manager/role they are covering {some mangers cover different rolls and
have seperate tabs for each roll, meaning seperate spreadsheets also}.
Seeing as though each worksheet will be merged into each sererate tab, will
it make a difference how each manager has it set up? Each job roll has
differnt requirements and some are in fact different, but I don't think this
will matter.

Thanky ou,

Jeanmarie

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi jeanmarie711

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

Or on MSDN
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc793964.aspx

Download the example workbook to test

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jeanmarie711" wrote in message ...
Hi ROn,

Each of them will be filling out their own worksheet.

THank you,

Jeanmarie

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi jeanmarie711

Workbooks or worksheets ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jeanmarie711" wrote in message

I have a spreadhsheet for training compliance that will be filled out by 4
different managers and they will be logging the compliance for their
respctive employees. I want to create something that will allow us to quckly
merge each of these spreadsheets into one. What is the easiest, quiest way
to handle this situation so that if their manager would like to do this, they
will have the capability without alot of extra work and direction. Each
spreasdsheet will be set up with the same headers.

Thank you,

Jeanmarie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I understand you correct

You have a few workbooks and want to copy all worksheets in this workbooks
into a new workbook

Correct ?

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi jeanmarie711

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

Or on MSDN
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc793964.aspx

Download the example workbook to test

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jeanmarie711" wrote in message
Hi ROn,

Each of them will be filling out their own worksheet.

THank you,

Jeanmarie

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi jeanmarie711

Workbooks or worksheets ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jeanmarie711" wrote in message

I have a spreadhsheet for training compliance that will be filled out by 4
different managers and they will be logging the compliance for their
respctive employees. I want to create something that will allow us to quckly
merge each of these spreadsheets into one. What is the easiest, quiest way
to handle this situation so that if their manager would like to do this, they
will have the capability without alot of extra work and direction. Each
spreasdsheet will be set up with the same headers.

Thank you,

Jeanmarie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ron de Bruin,

Yes. I want to merge the seperate workbooks, each containing at least one
worksheet, into one workbook. I would like each worksheet to still remain
its own and am not looking to merge them all into one worksheet.

I hope this is more clear.

Thank youi,

Jeanmarie

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi jeanmarie711

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

Or on MSDN
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc793964.aspx

Download the example workbook to test

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jeanmarie711" wrote in message
Hi ROn,

Each of them will be filling out their own worksheet.

THank you,

Jeanmarie

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi jeanmarie711

Workbooks or worksheets ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jeanmarie711" wrote in message

I have a spreadhsheet for training compliance that will be filled out by 4
different managers and they will be logging the compliance for their
respctive employees. I want to create something that will allow us to quckly
merge each of these spreadsheets into one. What is the easiest, quiest way
to handle this situation so that if their manager would like to do this, they
will have the capability without alot of extra work and direction. Each
spreasdsheet will be set up with the same headers.

Thank you,

Jeanmarie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi jeanmarie711

There is a example in the download on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/fso.htm

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi jeanmarie711

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

Or on MSDN
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc793964.aspx

Download the example workbook to test

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jeanmarie711" wrote in message
Hi ROn,

Each of them will be filling out their own worksheet.

THank you,

Jeanmarie

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi jeanmarie711