Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Control on a form to find a record

Hi;
I have a form to enter & update records. I would like to have a way to find
a record
by entering a text or by clicking on a record like in a combobox
Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kind a vague????

there are two basic methods.
1) Manually go to the record, then press a control button to start a macro.
2) From a macro running open a REFEdit control to find the record.

One the record is found you must through code get each item in the record a
put into into the userfrom. It is the opposite of the instructions you would
use to move the data from the userform to the record. Like

from
with sheets("Sheet1")
.Range("A1").Value = userform1.textbox1.Text
with sheets("Sheet1")
userform1.textbox1.Text = .Range("A1").Value

On the Userform you can add an edit button to load the userform. After the
userform is loaded there should be an Enter or Save button to move the data
back to the record location.