Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting cells containing certain words

I have a fantasy football spreadsheet containing game dates and teams
matchups. I want to know if there is a function or conditional formatting
statement I can use to have excel highlight or bold the date in Column A if
a certain team appears in a matchup in columns B - L. In other words, if the
value Giants is contained in any cell in Row 3, columns B - L then the date
in cell A3 should be highlighted. The issue is that the cells don't "equal"
just one "value." Each cell has two team names and I need Excel to only look
for one of those names.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select your range (A2:A99, say).

Then with row 2 containing the activecell:
format|conditional formatting|
formula is:
=countif(b2:L2,"*giants*")0

If you wanted to highlight the entire row in that range:

--

Dave Peterson