Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Movable "slider" to adjust a range with the mouse?

Does Excel have any kind of dynamic slider? For instance, something that
would allow you to modify a percentage markup between 15% and 25% by sliding
a "bar" horizontally within a cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right click on any visible Toolbar and select the CONTROL TOOLBOX.

When the toolbox is displayed, click the SCROLL BAR tool and draw the scroll
bar across the row you want it to appear on. (Holding down the Alt key while
drawing the tool forces the scroll bar to take on the height of the row
you're drawing in).

Right click on the scroll bar and select properties.

The scroll bar can only work with whole number, not percentages so the
following will provide a work around for this limitation:

For instance, let's say that the percentage value needs to be in cell A1.
To do that we will need to place the value the scroll bar returns in one cell
and use a formula in cell A1 to divide that value by 100 to get your
percentage.

In the properties list, locate the LINKED CELL property and select K1 as the
target cell for the return value.

Locate the LARGE CHANGE property and set the value to 1 and then locate the
SMALL CHANGE property and set its value to 1.

Locate the MIN property and set that to 15, and then locate the MAX property
and set that to 25.

Close the properties window and then click the first button on the CONTROL
TOOLBOX (the DESIGN button) to toggle design mode off.

In cell A1 enter the following formula:

=K1/100

You can now slide the toolbar button to increase/decrease your percentage.

Personally, i would use the spinner button, which will do the same as the
scroll bar but it will take up less room on your worksheet. Just substitute
the spinner for the scroll bar and follow the same instructions.

Hope this helps.
--
Kevin Backmann

"rwhtx" wrote:

Does Excel have any kind of dynamic slider? For instance, something that
would allow you to modify a percentage markup between 15% and 25% by sliding
a "bar" horizontally within a cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

From the Forms commandbar, drag a scroll bar to your sheet, then use the properties to set the link
cell. Size it how you want, but you will need to divide the value in the link cell by 100 to get a
percentage, since the scroll bar must return an integer value.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"rwhtx" wrote in message
Does Excel have any kind of dynamic slider? For instance, something that
would allow you to modify a percentage markup between 15% and 25% by sliding
a "bar" horizontally within a cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

Yes, this is for Excel 2003.
Go to View/Toolbars and select Control Toolbox; from the toolbox, select the
'scroll bar' and drag to your worksheet. With the scroll bar selected,
select 'properties' from the toolbox and update the Max and Min numbers.
Select a linked cell - this is where the value of the scroll bar will be
entered. To get a percent, another cell must be used to divide the linked
cell by 100

"rwhtx" wrote:

Does Excel have any kind of dynamic slider? For instance, something that
would allow you to modify a percentage markup between 15% and 25% by sliding
a "bar" horizontally within a cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2003, I am able to create a fully functional scroll bar when I use
the "Forms" toolbox. However, when I create a scroll bar from the "Control
Toolbox" toolbar, I can get an image of the scroll bar, but there is no
funtionality. I left click my mouse over the image and it immediately
changes to edit mode, including changing the pointer to a sizing icon (four
small arrows). Is there a reason why I cannot make a operating scroll bar