Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CC CC is offline

Default subtotals

I have subtotals in a worksheet and would like to now organize the worksheet
so that the subtotalled data is in greatest to lowest or lowest to greatest
order. But I want not only the subtotal data to show but also the
individuals rows that make up the data. See below:

Kerry Smith 9/1/07 Inv 712 $200.00
Kerry Smith 10/1/07 Inv 740 $200.00
Kerry Smith 11/1/07 Inv 760 $200.00
Kerry Smith 12/1/07 Inv 780 $200.00
Kerry Smith $800.00
Joe Aimes 10/1/08 Inv 900 $300.00
Joe Aimes 10/1/08 Inv 900 $300.00
Joe Aimes $600.00
Bill Jones 1/1/07 Inv 670 $200.00
Bill Jones $200.00

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

CC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no easy way to do that with subtotals. It is easy with a pivot table
if you are ok with the idea...

Remove the subtotals. Select the data area. Select Data - Pivot Tables -
Follow the Wizard. Right click the names and select Field Settings. Select
Advanced and then change the sort order to by subtotal...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson