Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Best way to format

All,

I have a model with almost 40 sheets. I want to toggle just the numbers
between thousand and millions. And if it is millions I want to have one
decimal point.

Whats the best way to format this.

Thanks much for your help.

RK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The best way is to create a style (Format-Style) and define the numeric
format there. Apply it faithfully, FAITHFULLY, to all your numeric values.
If you want to change the format from thousands to millions, simply change
the style's definition and it will flow through to all the cells to which
that style has been applied

To format as thousands use

_(#,##0.0,_);(#,##0.0,)

For millions with one decimal, use

_(#,##0,,_);(#,##0,,)

"rk0909" wrote:

All,

I have a model with almost 40 sheets. I want to toggle just the numbers
between thousand and millions. And if it is millions I want to have one
decimal point.

Whats the best way to format this.

Thanks much for your help.

RK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Duke. works great.

One additional question. is there an easy way to apply styles to multiple
ranges using VBA. I am thinking of defining all the ranges and applying
"Millions" style or "Thousands" style depending on what user selects on a
cell. But for this I will have to define all the ranges in my model which
have numerical values.

Thanks a lot again.

RK