Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Printing Long Columns

I have a long column of numbers which I want to print.

Is there a way of printing so that more that i can get three or four pages
of my column on one page and save paper?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
excel does not have a built in function to do this but this is a common
request that many users have and has been addressed at this forum before.
see this post from gord dibbon from about a week ago...

http://thesource.ofallevil.com/commu...&cr=&sloc=&p=2

regards
FSt1

"Vaughan" wrote:

I have a long column of numbers which I want to print.

Is there a way of printing so that more that i can get three or four pages
of my column on one page and save paper?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use worksheet functions or a macro.

In B1 enter this formula................

=INDEX($A:$A,(ROWS($1:1)-1)*4+COLUMNS($A:B)-1)

Will return

1,2,3,4
5,6,7,8 etc.

Copy across to Column E then select B1:E1 and copy down untill you get
zeros.

With a macro.........................

Public Sub SplitToCols()
Dim NumCols As Integer
Dim i As Integer
Dim colsize As Long
On Error GoTo fileerror

NumCols = InputBox("Choose Final Number of Columns")
colsize = Int((ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count + _
(NumCols - 1)) / NumCols)
For i = 2 To NumCols
Cells((i - 1) * colsize + 1, 1).Resize(colsize, 1).Copy Cells(1, i)
Next i
Range(Cells(colsize + 1, 1), Cells(Rows.Count, 1)).Clear
fileerror:
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP