Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Irv Irv is offline

Default control inactive on toolbar

hi.
i'm using excel 2003.
the controls on the forms toolbar are grey and inactive, except for the
"toggle grid" control, in one particular workbook which is saved with other
workbooks in a workspace. i want to drag a button control onto the worksheet
to activate a macro i've recorded but can't because of the above problem.
i've tried the reset option in the toolbars tab of the customise box but it
doesn't reactivate them. what can i do to reactivate the controls on the
forms toolbar in that workbook.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If a worksheet is protected or a workbook is shared (Tools, Share Workbook)
the Forms toolbar would be disabled.

--
Jim
"Irv" wrote in message
| hi.
| i'm using excel 2003.
| the controls on the forms toolbar are grey and inactive, except for the
| "toggle grid" control, in one particular workbook which is saved with
other
| workbooks in a workspace. i want to drag a button control onto the
worksheet
| to activate a macro i've recorded but can't because of the above problem.
| i've tried the reset option in the toolbars tab of the customise box but
it
| doesn't reactivate them. what can i do to reactivate the controls on the
| forms toolbar in that workbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Irv Irv is offline

Jim,
I checked the 2 possiblities you suggested and they were okay but that got
me looking further at security options and I found that changing macro
security from high to medium did the trick. thanks for the help, much
appreciated.