Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default "Excel cannot find the data you are searching for" but I can see i

I have made a workbook with some numbers in, i.e. 0001 - 9999 and another
column with 00000 - 99999 (not all of these num,bers but just some in a
sequence).

When I then try to find these numbers, Excel "cannot find the data you are
looking for" even though I can see the number in front of my eyes on the
workbook!

Any help with this confusing problem would be very greatly appreciated,
Many thanks
d41sy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

could it be rounding? for example, enter 1233.9999 and it displays as 1234,
if you search for 1234 it will not find it.

"d41sy" wrote:

I have made a workbook with some numbers in, i.e. 0001 - 9999 and another
column with 00000 - 99999 (not all of these num,bers but just some in a
sequence).

When I then try to find these numbers, Excel "cannot find the data you are
looking for" even though I can see the number in front of my eyes on the
workbook!

Any help with this confusing problem would be very greatly appreciated,
Many thanks
d41sy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RM RM is offline

Default "Excel cannot find the data you are searching for" but I can s

Make sure in options you have formula selected and not values.