Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fill Handle in Excel 2007

Hello,

I use to be able to copy a formula down to the remaining rows by double
clicking the fill handle but I can't seem to do that now. I have to drag it
all the way down.

Is there a setting in Excel 2007 that turns this off?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is a setting in all version that has this functionality that turns it
on/off
in earlier versions it is under toolsoptionsedit and allow cell drag and
drop

in 2007 it is the office buttonexcel optionsadvanced and enable fill
handle and cell drag and drop

Peo Sjoblom

"Marilyn" wrote in message
Hello,

I use to be able to copy a formula down to the remaining rows by double
clicking the fill handle but I can't seem to do that now. I have to drag
it
all the way down.

Is there a setting in Excel 2007 that turns this off?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.... I'm able to see the fill handle I just cant
Double-Click the fill handle to copy the cells down instead I have to drag
them manually all the way down.

Thanks,

"Marilyn" wrote:

Hello,

I use to be able to copy a formula down to the remaining rows by double
clicking the fill handle but I can't seem to do that now. I have to drag it
all the way down.

Is there a setting in Excel 2007 that turns this off?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Double-clicking the fill handle works the same in Excel 2007 as before I
find.

This is what I did. New sheet. Entered "abc" in C1:C10. Entered 123 in
D1. Selected D1 and double-clicked the fill handle. 123 was copied done to
D10.

--
Jim