Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using Save As to Web Page feature in Excel produces blurry graphic

We have produced a tool where we create a very graphic intensive interface in
Excel 2007, then use the Save As feature to save the Excel workbook to a
series of web pages with links between the pages.

When doing this, all the graphics that were very crisp and sharp in excel
become blurred when viewed in the web browser.

I have noticed that during the Save As web page feature, a folder of all the
images that are used on the various pages is created. If I look at the
individual images in this folder, they are still crisp and sharp (and in png
format). But, they are bigger (number of pixels) than the original image
placed into Excel. When you view the html page, all the images are shown
blurred...almost as if they are being scaled back down to the original size
when shown in Excel.

I believe what is happening is that during the Save As web page command that
all the graphics are getting converted to png format and scaled up to a
larger image size. Then, when rendered in html, the images are scaled back
down, causing them to become blurred because they are being reduced by an odd
scale factor.

This does not happen in Excel 2003. I can take the same Excel file, save it
to Excel 2003 format, open it in Excel 2003 and save as a web page and the
graphics all look great!

Are there any settings I am unaware of in Excel 2007 that can make this
issue go away?