Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Showing 18 digits or more in a cell

Using Excel 2000 and would like to format a cell to show at least 18 digits
with no decimals. I have tried all format possibilities and they all seem to
not show all the digits, abbreviate the number or round off the digits over
15. How do I format to show all the digits
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format the cell as text *before* you type the data in, or precede the data
by an apostrophe.
For numbers, Excel works only to 15 significant figures, so for 18 digits
you need text. Once Excel treats the data as a number, you can't regain the
lost data by formatting, so you need to get Excel to treat it as text when
you first put the data in.
--
David Biddulph