Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default OLAP Creation in Excel / MS Query -- .cub files

I work for a Fortune 500 Company that has been using the OLAP functionality
available in Excel 2000 and 2003 for years to run a variety of large data
reports. We are considering migrating to Excel 2007; however, I noticed that
Excel 2007 does not allow users to create .cub files. I do not understand
why 2007 dropped this functionality. THE ABILITY TO CREATE OLAP CUBES FROM
RELATIONAL DATABASES WAS ONE OF THE BEST FEATURES IN EXCEL. Are there any
downloads available to enable this functionality in 2007, Perhaps you could
add an optional download to enable the feature in MS Query 12 or to downgrade
MS Query v12 to v11 in Excel 2007? Thanks.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.