Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Ida Noe Alaska

Default How can I selectively stop creation of Excel *.xlk files?

I have financial workbooks for each year; for only the 2 or 3 latest do I
want backup files. Unchecking "Save AutoRecover... " doesn't do the trick.
I'm not referring to what's saved in "C:\Documents and
Settings\xxxx\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\", but to the *.xlk files in
the working folder.

Also, is AutoRecover responsible for the extremely annoying, sporadic
disappearance of the Undo/Redo lists?

Thanx for any help you can give
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson

Autorecovery saves a copy of the file and saving a file will kill the undo
stack.

But autorecovery is more of a tool to help you in case excel/windows crashes.
(I think losing the undo is worth the feature, though.)

Creating the .xlk files is a workbook by workbook setting (different from
MSWord).

File|SaveAs|tools|general options|uncheck that always create backup box.

and save the workbook with the same name.

--

Dave Peterson