bandy2000

Default Help does not help

I was looking for help for the Excel VBA expression

application.large

But I can't find anything useful neither in the offline nor in the online
help.
Where is this?

Thanks

JulieD

Hi David

i couldn't find it in VBA help either (ver 2003) ... bandy2000 is there any
other code or info you have on this?

Cheers
julieD

"bandy2000" wrote in message
I was looking for help for the Excel VBA expression

application.large

But I can't find anything useful neither in the offline nor in the online
help.
Where is this?

Thanks

bandy2000

That is the complete sub I try to get working in order to mark the 10 max and
10 min values in the worksheet which name was passed to the sub.

Sub MarkTheCells(rng As Range, worksheetname As String)
Dim rng1 As Range
Dim l As Double, s As Double
Dim cell As Range
Worksheets(worksheetname).Activate
rng.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
l = Application.Large(rng, 10)
s = Application.Small(rng, 10)
For Each cell In rng
If IsNumeric(cell) And _
Not IsEmpty(cell) And cell.Text < "" Then
If cell.Value = l Then
cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
ElseIf cell.Value <= s Then
cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 5
Next
End Sub

"bandy2000" wrote in message
I was looking for help for the Excel VBA expression

application.large

But I can't find anything useful neither in the offline nor in the online
help.
Where is this?

Thanks

JulieD

following on from your post in microsoft.public.excel.programming

application.large should be
application.worksheet.function.large

Cheers
JulieD

"bandy2000" wrote in message
I was looking for help for the Excel VBA expression

application.large

But I can't find anything useful neither in the offline nor in the
online
help.
Where is this?

Thanks

David McRitchie

It is NOT in VBA Help because it is Excel,
look in Excel Help, and you would need operands for
the LARGE Worksheet Function
so I think it is being presented out of context.

You might check if there is a User Defined Function
with the name of LARGE under the function wizard.
---

"JulieD" wrote...
i couldn't find it in VBA help either (ver 2003) ... bandy2000 is there any
other code or info you have on this?

"David McRitchie" wrote ...
application means that it is Excel not VBA so look in Excel Help
not in VBA help.

"bandy2000" wrote...
I was looking for help for the Excel VBA expression

application.large

But I can't find anything useful neither in the offline nor in the online
help.
Where is this?

Thanks

Bill Sharpe

"bandy2000" wrote in message
I was looking for help for the Excel VBA expression

application.large

But I can't find anything useful neither in the offline nor in the
online
help.
Where is this?

----
By any chance, do you mean
Application.WorksheetFunction.Large?

You can find this in VB help, starting with Table of Contents, expand
Events, Worksheet Functions, and Shapes, select Using Microsoft Excel
Worksheet Functions.

Bill

bandy2000

My Exel VBA Help is corrupted anyways. If I open it there are errors on the
page and no properties or methods are presented... All the links look
strange...
where can I get a working help file and how do I install it?
Thanks