James

Default COUNTIF

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the COUNTIF function.

How do I use this function to count the number of times a
record appears when I only enter a portion of the search
data.

eg. I have a column of data that, among other things,
contains text as "anautoalert". How do I write the
COUNTIF to simply count the number of times that "auto"
appears?

Thanks!

JulieD

you're welcome

"James" wrote in message
Many thanks JulieD

James

I have a question regarding the COUNTIF function.

How do I use this function to count the number of

times a
record appears when I only enter a portion of the

search
data.

eg. I have a column of data that, among other things,
contains text as "anautoalert". How do I write the
COUNTIF to simply count the number of times that "auto"
appears?

Thanks!

.

Combining IF and COUNTIF based on two columns maxtrixx Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 March 31st 05 06:21 PM
COUNTIF in one colum then COUNTIF in another...??? JonnieP Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 22nd 05 02:55 PM
Countif - Countif maswinney Excel Worksheet Functions 3 November 15th 04 11:06 PM
countif reno Excel Worksheet Functions 5 November 5th 04 12:20 PM
countif, again Liz G Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 1st 04 11:20 PM