FlyBye

Default Changing cell sizes

How do I change the size of certain cells in a worksheet without changing the
size of the rest of the cells in that row/column? I cannot seem to alter
certain cells in isolation from the others. Thanks!
JulieD

Hi

basically you can't unless you "merge" the cells which can cause problems
down the track with sorting / filtering and a host of other things.

Cheers
JulieD

"FlyBye" wrote in message
How do I change the size of certain cells in a worksheet without changing
the
size of the rest of the cells in that row/column? I cannot seem to alter
certain cells in isolation from the others. Thanks!

Gord Dibben

Fly

Cell sizes are a property of the entire row or column and cannot be
individually re-sized.

I hesitate to mention this but you can "merge" two or more cells into one.

The hesitation comes from knowing the problems merged cells can cause when
sorting, filtering, copying, pasting and other operations I can't think of
right now.

If just for presentation purposes you may not encounter any problems.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP