Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Categorize certain times of day as other days

I am trying to organize data by business day but all I have right now is a
column with date and time data. I would like everything from before a
certain time on a particular day to be categorized as the previous day.
Basically I want my day to reset at 6:30 AM, so that everything before then
appears as the day before. Would like to be able to display the business day
in a separate column.

I have too many dates to use nested IF statements, but I'm hoping there is
an easier way to do this anyway. Any suggestions are very welcome. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel stores date/time data as a number. Numbers to the left of the decimal
are the date portion; numbers to the right are the day portion.

6:30AM translates into .2708333, or just over one-quarter of a day.

Subtract that amount from each of your date/time values & format the result
as a short date. That'll convert values that fall at or before 6:30 to the
previous day, and leave the others as of the actual date