Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default NETWORKDAYS Troubleshoot

NETWORKDAYS should yield a higher count of days as time goes by, but it does
not for some reason.

'Any thoughts?

DOUG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It gives you the number of working days between the dates so it increases if
the second date increases but may not if the next date is an holiday.

Share the formula you are entering and how you are testing it.

"DOUG ECKERT" wrote:

NETWORKDAYS should yield a higher count of days as time goes by, but it does
not for some reason.

'Any thoughts?

DOUG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=NETWORKDAYS(S2,A2). However, I believe the problem was the date format in
the second column (mm-yyy) conflicted with the date format in the first
column (dd-mmm-yyy). It seems to work now.

Thanks, Sheeloo.

DOUG

"DOUG ECKERT" wrote:

NETWORKDAYS should yield a higher count of days as time goes by, but it does
not for some reason.

'Any thoughts?

DOUG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Date format has nothing to do with it, as all functions, including
Networkdays, ignore the format. Formatting is just for appearance. All
functions use the underlying value.

Regards,
Fred.

"DOUG ECKERT" wrote:

NETWORKDAYS should yield a higher count of days as time goes by, but it
does
not for some reason.

'Any thoughts?

DOUG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What formula are you using?
What date values are in the cells to which the formula refers?
What value did you get from the formula?
What value did you expect?
Have you ensured that Tools/ Options/ Calculation is set to Automatic, not
Manual?
--
David Biddulph