Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default NETWORKDAYS Troubleshoot

That's because you had text in the cell originally, and changed it to a
number. Formatting had nothing to do with it.

Regards,
Fred.

"DOUG ECKERT" wrote in message
Well, the underlying value in the second column did not include a day in
the
date. When I added the day to the date, it worked.

Thank you.

DOUG

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Date format has nothing to do with it, as all functions, including
Networkdays, ignore the format. Formatting is just for appearance. All
functions use the underlying value.

Regards,
Fred.

"DOUG ECKERT" wrote in message
=NETWORKDAYS(S2,A2). However, I believe the problem was the date
format
in
the second column (mm-yyy) conflicted with the date format in the first
column (dd-mmm-yyy). It seems to work now.

Thanks, Sheeloo.

DOUG

"Sheeloo" wrote:

It gives you the number of working days between the dates so it
increases
if
the second date increases but may not if the next date is an holiday.

Share the formula you are entering and how you are testing it.

"DOUG ECKERT" wrote:

NETWORKDAYS should yield a higher count of days as time goes by, but
it
does
not for some reason.

'Any thoughts?