Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Prevent user from copying contents of a worksheet

Hi - Is there any way to prevent a user from copying the contents of a
worksheet? I don't want users copying anything into different worksheets that
I have no control over.
--
TIA
Chuck M.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel internal security is very weak and passwords easily cracked but you
might stop an unsophisticated user who could not figure out how to crack the
passwords.

Also see caveat in the last paragraph below before going to too much trouble
to keep you work secure.

Lock all the cells.

Protect the worksheet with "allow users to select unlocked cells" disabled.

Protect the workbook also to prevent copying the worksheet.

But.................If the user is bright enough he could just open another
workbook and link all your sheet's cells to a sheet in that one.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:15:01 -0700, Chuck M
wrote:

Hi - Is there any way to prevent a user from copying the contents of a
worksheet? I don't want users copying anything into different worksheets that
I have no control over.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Gord. There are already passwords on the worksheet and workbook and
cells with formulas are locked. However, there are cells where the user is
allowed to input financial numbers therefore allowing users to select
unlocked cells must be enabled.

Guess I'll just have to live with the possiblity that users can copy the
worksheet.

Thanks for responding!
---

Chuck M.