Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default AutoCad/Excel

I have made a drawing in AutoCad, inside that drawing I have made a table.
Now I want to move that drawing and table both into Excel, and print it out
from there. Is that possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The obvious: did you try copy and paste?

--JP

On Aug 26, 3:31*pm, SteffenAndreassen
wrote:
I have made a drawing in AutoCad, inside that drawing I have made a table..
Now I want to move that drawing and table both into Excel, and print it out
from there. Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Insert Object Create from file
Browse... for your Drawing.dwg in your AutoCad directory.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I do that the drawing will be just a drawing in Excel. I also want to be
able to change the numbers in the table that I put in to AutoCad while I made
the drawing. And the table is Excel table... or does it maybe work if I
put it into word?
The drawing include both drawing and table, and I want to be able to change
the numbers after I move the AutoCad file to Excel...
Is it possible to be able to do it like that?
Maybe I have to save the autocad file as an older version of autocad?

Thanks you!

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

Insert Object Create from file
Browse... for your Drawing.dwg in your AutoCad directory.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Start by creating the table in Excel. Save it.
AutoCad Insert OLE Object
Create from file Browse (optional: link)
or
Start in AutoCad and Insert OLE Object
Create New MS Excel Worksheet

In AutoCad, double click the table to edit it.

Using AutoCad 2006 and Excel 2003

A sample of the 2nd method is at:
http://freefilehosting.net/download/3llb6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You explain me the opposit of what I want to do.
I don't want to edit the table in AutoCAD. I want to edit it in Excel, BUT,
in Excel I also want the drawing that I draw in AutoCad to show. The table is
in a way inside the drawing, but I want to move it to excel and edit the
table in excel. This will make it easier for the one who will use this
drawing and table, since he doesn't have AutoCAD installed on his computer...

Do you understand my question?

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

Start by creating the table in Excel. Save it.
AutoCad Insert OLE Object
Create from file Browse (optional: link)
or
Start in AutoCad and Insert OLE Object
Create New MS Excel Worksheet

In AutoCad, double click the table to edit it.

Using AutoCad 2006 and Excel 2003

A sample of the 2nd method is at:
http://freefilehosting.net/download/3llb6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have AutoCad 2006, you can export a table
as a *.csv file into Excel.
Then format it and save it as a *.xls file.
If you have AutoCad 2000, then erase your original
table, create a similar table in Excel and import it into
AutoCad per my second post.
In either case, make a block of the drawing, excluding
the table, import it into the Excel file that you created
previously and send it to the user.
Or have the user download the free
Autodesk Design Review at
http://preview.tinyurl.com/abvbf