Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sorting by date & exported to word for mail merge

How do I sort a spreadsheet & then exported that information to word to use
as a mail merge to send out a letter via faxmaker?

For example: I have a customer spreadsheet and on that spreadsheet I have
them entered into a column titled "expiration dates". I want to sort that
information so the next 2 weeks of expiration dates (i.e. until 9/9/08, if I
did it today) were sorted out & then exported to a word document (letter).
The letter would have the insurance agent's name & customer name dropped in
at the top. The letter would state that I need a new insurance certificate
sent to me by the expiration date (the expiration date dropped in from the
spreadsheet). I would like the insurance agent's fax number exported somehow
so I could send the word document to the appropriate agents from my desktop
using faxmaker, then I don't have to print out each word document & manually
fax.

any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You don't want to export anything.

Open Word and go to ToolsMailMerge.

Use Excel as the source for the mailmerge.

See these sites for help.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

Note.........if you give your table a defined name you don't have to have
the worksheet first in the workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP