Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Enter Key Sequence?

Hi,

Have a bit of a problem that i'm hoping someone here can help me solve.

Basically in a spreadsheet, i need the enter key to shift the selection to
the right for 3 columns when pressed, and then after the Third time i push
the enter key i want it to set the selection to the first column again, but
on the row below,

For example,

A1 (ENTER) B1 (ENTER) C1 (ENTER) A2 (ENTER) B2.........ETC

If anyone could help me out i would be extremely greatful.

Thanks in advance,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right click sheet tabview codecopy/paste this.

If Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
Select Case Target.Column
Case Is < 4: Target.Offset(, 1).Select
Case 4: Target.Offset(1, -3).Select
Case Else
End Select

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Dono2008" wrote in message

Have a bit of a problem that i'm hoping someone here can help me solve.

Basically in a spreadsheet, i need the enter key to shift the selection to
the right for 3 columns when pressed, and then after the Third time i push
the enter key i want it to set the selection to the first column again,
but
on the row below,

For example,

A1 (ENTER) B1 (ENTER) C1 (ENTER) A2 (ENTER) B2.........ETC

If anyone could help me out i would be extremely greatful.

Thanks in advance,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A worksheet change function will work

Private Sub worksheet_change(ByVal target As Range)

Select Case target.Column
Case 1, 2
target.Offset(0, 1).Select
Case 3
Range("A" & (target.Row + 1)).Select
End Select
End Sub

"Dono2008" wrote:

Hi,

Have a bit of a problem that i'm hoping someone here can help me solve.

Basically in a spreadsheet, i need the enter key to shift the selection to
the right for 3 columns when pressed, and then after the Third time i push
the enter key i want it to set the selection to the first column again, but
on the row below,

For example,

A1 (ENTER) B1 (ENTER) C1 (ENTER) A2 (ENTER) B2.........ETC

If anyone could help me out i would be extremely greatful.

Thanks in advance,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can lock other cells protect the sheetuse the TAB key

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Dono2008" wrote in message
Is there a way to make it work on just enter? without having to hit
space?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

I forgot to mention that this has the added advantage of it moves the
cursor
when you enter something in the appropriate cell and then hit enter.
Doesn't
work on just enter. For a blank you would have to hit the space bar
first.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Dono2008" wrote in message

Have a bit of a problem that i'm hoping someone here can help me
solve.

Basically in a spreadsheet, i need the enter key to shift the
selection
the right for 3 columns when pressed, and then after the Third time i
push
the enter key i want it to set the selection to the first column
again,
but
on the row below,

For example,

A1 (ENTER) B1 (ENTER) C1 (ENTER) A2 (ENTER) B2.........ETC

If anyone could help me out i would be extremely greatful.

Thanks in advance,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Start in A1 then hit Tab key to move to B1 then C1.
Hit ENTER key to go back to A2

Make sure ENTER key is set to move down when hit.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP