Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can not save the xls as xlt

We have a excel template, which has the external data link. But I can't
change anything in the template file. Though I can do changes on the xls
file. Please help me to get the exact reason behind it. The xlt is not
protected from being edited.

Regards,

KM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To open the *.xlt file directly drill down to it in the folder.

Right-click and Open.

Make your changes then save.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP