Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combining values out of different columns

Hi,
I've seen an answer on this one before, but I cannot find it back!

I have 2 colums i need to combine
colA ColB ColC= result
100 10 10010
20 10020
200 10 20010
30 20030
40 20040
300 20 30020
.... goes on for 1000 rows

Who can help me on this one?
Thanks in Advance
Hans
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Pls try this formuala:

=IF(A1<"",A1&B1,A1&B1)

regards
Rajesh

"stumbler" wrote:

Hi,
I've seen an answer on this one before, but I cannot find it back!

I have 2 colums i need to combine
colA ColB ColC= result
100 10 10010
20 10020
200 10 20010
30 20030
40 20040
300 20 30020
.... goes on for 1000 rows

Who can help me on this one?
Thanks in Advance
Hans

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry earlier posted formula had a small mistake

corrected one

Use below formual for 1st cell

=IF(A1<"",A1&B1,A1&B1)

Use below formual for rest of cells

=IF(A2<"",A2&B2,A1&B2)

"rajesh" wrote:

Hi

Pls try this formuala:

=IF(A1<"",A1&B1,A1&B1)

regards
Rajesh

"stumbler" wrote:

Hi,
I've seen an answer on this one before, but I cannot find it back!

I have 2 colums i need to combine
colA ColB ColC= result
100 10 10010
20 10020
200 10 20010
30 20030
40 20040
300 20 30020
.... goes on for 1000 rows

Who can help me on this one?
Thanks in Advance
Hans

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For the 1st cell you may wish to change
=IF(A1<"",A1&B1,A1&B1) to =A1&B1 ? :-)
--
David Biddulph

"rajesh" wrote in message
Sorry earlier posted formula had a small mistake

corrected one

Use below formual for 1st cell

=IF(A1<"",A1&B1,A1&B1)

Use below formual for rest of cells

=IF(A2<"",A2&B2,A1&B2)

"rajesh" wrote:

Hi

Pls try this formuala:

=IF(A1<"",A1&B1,A1&B1)

regards
Rajesh

"stumbler" wrote:

Hi,
I've seen an answer on this one before, but I cannot find it back!

I have 2 colums i need to combine
colA ColB ColC= result
100 10 10010
20 10020
200 10 20010
30 20030
40 20040
300 20 30020
.... goes on for 1000 rows

Who can help me on this one?
Thanks in Advance
Hans

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"rajesh" wrote in message

Sorry earlier posted formula had a small mistake

corrected one

Use below formual for 1st cell

=IF(A1<"",A1&B1,A1&B1)

Use below formual for rest of cells

=IF(A2<"",A2&B2,A1&B2)

"rajesh" wrote:

Hi

Pls try this formuala:

=IF(A1<"",A1&B1,A1&B1)

regards
Rajesh

"stumbler" wrote:

Hi,
I've seen an answer on this one before, but I cannot find it back!

I have 2 colums i need to combine
colA *ColB * * ColC= result
100 * 10 * * * * 10010
* * * * *20 * * * * 10020